Monday, December 15, 2008

Back at Chain Reaction, with all the 14 year olds.

Well, tonight was Filmspeed's first show (former No One Goes Home) at Chain Reaction, my old favorite local venue. However, tonight was just not the same. I keep telling myself it was mostly because the bands playing were all local so of course the people going to the show would be young but it just makes me sad to think that this is where the music scene is heading, in the hands of children? Sure, I was going to shows at 15 or 16 years old but there is a big difference between me going to those shows and the kdis I see now. When I went to the shows I sincerely went because I was in love with the music, it was everything to me. Yet, these kids seem to be doing it to appear more cool or to fit a certain label they want people to see them as. I don't see that same love of music. Sadly, I feel like I don't want to go back to Chain ever again, but I feel I have to just to see if it was because it was a local show or if that's just where the music scene is heading. I don't know why people don't understand how important it is to go see their favorite bands in live shows or buy their CD's to show support, how are they supposed to survive off of the money of 14 year olds? I don't know, maybe I'm just ranting on about nothing but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

<3

No comments: